Tuesday, December 23, 2008

it is freezing cold for christmas!

There's a fairly nasty mix of ice/rain outside right now. I was hoping that we'd see snow for Christmas (I have never experienced this wonder), but it's looking like I'll have to wait another year.
We had a great Christmas surprise in that Mark, Connie, and Grace came to visit us this weekend. We ate a lot (like the Stowers side does)...and hung out and enjoyed being with them so much! We thought we weren't going to get to see any family, so it was really fun!
I've started doing some video editing for a wedding videographer here in town. I can work from home most of the time, which is nice...and I took the plunge and bought a computer because I have guaranteed all-you-can-edit for at least 6 months. I'm sorry, Dave Ramsey. I just want to make you proud, but someday you will appreciate my temporary deviation from your principles. Anyway, Mapple (my computer - he has a name) is doing well, and I'm on my 4th wedding for this videographer and it's going well.
Speaking of computers...through a somewhat miraculous turn of events (and a really terrible "what else can go wrong?" week last week), Robert's getting a replacement computer - which we are super thankful for.
Another miracle is that we have stopped the cold air from leaking in our bedroom windows. We got this magic window cover stuff that allowed a warm sleep and waking instead of 50 degree temperatures in our room. I wish I would have brought a thermometer in there - It was definitely at least 15 degrees cooler in there than the rest of the house.
Merry Christmas from us! Stay warm and drink lots of hot chocolate!

1 comment:

  1. what is this magic window cover stuff of which you write? Sounds like our living room could use some.

    ReplyDelete