Friday, January 9, 2009

ouch

On Tuesday, as I was leaving for work, I slipped on a patch of ice on our outside stairs and fell right on my tailbone. And I would think, "whatever, i'll have a bruise, no big deal". Well, it was way worse than that. I caught myself before passing out a couple times cause it killlllled. Robert was at class, so I called Megan, who came over and brought me a heating pad (magic) and grabbed me some ibuprofen.
Work wanted me to still try to come in, so I did...and it's really painful to drive/stand/bend/sit/walk. So yesterday, I got a little paranoid and went online to try and find out if I broke my tailbone or bruised it or what. Turns out, there's some pretty scary stuff out there. One website (coccyx.org) -I don't recommend going there, this guy has created a timeline of from when he first broke his tailbone, to when he got is removed to 5 years later, when he still can't ride in a car for more than 30 minutes. He also put up some rather gruesome pictures of the removed tailbone piece. Who does that?
Anyway, I'm feeling a bit better today - I was faster at getting out of bed - maybe my magical Danskos are helping. I sort of wish I had a better injury story, though. It just makes me sound downright clumsy that I fell on my butt....hmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. you are not clumsy. i fell on my side the same morning. i even did a little hopeless dance beforehand to try and save myself--no luck. hope you start to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete